Amaranth Flour is produced by milling amaranth grains to form a flour. Amaranth is known for being an excellent source of protein, also containing fibre and many important micronutrients. Despite being one of the oldest crops in the world, Amaranth is still considered to be one of the most nutritious gluten free grains cultivated.
• Contains high levels of protein and fibre.
• Combines well with starches and other non-grain flours in gluten free baking.
• Has cream, beige colour and an earthy and nutty flavour.
• Aids digestion.
• Can be used to replace up to 25% of flour in recipes.
• Used as a thickener in sauces, gravies, soups and stews.