Puffed Amaranth is produced by heating the grains of amaranth until they pop and become light and crunchy. Amaranth puffs are four times the size of regular grains and when used as a filler they can bring down the calorie count of a finished product. Amaranth is known for being an excellent source of protein, also containing fibre and many important micronutrients. Despite being one of the oldest crops in the world, Amaranth is still considered to be one of the most nutritious gluten free grains cultivated.
• Contains high levels of protein.
• Has a nutty flavour.
• Retains crunch when soaked.
• Low in calories.
• Suitable to be used as a low calorie filler particularly in breakfast bars.
• Used as a breakfast cereal and in muesli or granola.
• Added to recipes to improve nutritional profile of a finished product.