Banana Flour is produced by grinding peeled and chopped bananas into a fine powder. More than a quarter of the world’s banana exports come from Ecuador, where the warm but wet climate is perfect for growing bananas. However, bananas were originally only found in Asia but were brought to the Americas by explorers and missionaries. Today, bananas are known for being rich in potassium, fibre and nutrients such as vitamin C and B6.
• Highly nutritious.
• Good thickener due to high starch content.
• Offer a variety of health benefits.
• Used in baby food, cereals, cakes, baked goods, breads, ice cream and sports nutrition drinks.
• Perfect for thickening soups, smoothies and sauces.
• Gluten free flour replacement.