Beetroot Powder is produced by grinding the dehydrated roots of a Beet plant into a fine powder. Best grown in cool climates and higher elevations, Beets are widely cultivated in Costa Rica and other countries in Europe. Beets provide many health benefits and are a great source of nutrients such as betaine, potassium and vitamin C. Beets were first cultivated in the Meditteranean by the Greeks almost 2500 years ago who used the roots for religious purposes.
• Natural red or violet food colouring agent.
• Offer numerous health benefits.
• Has a slightly sweet, earthy taste.
• Primarily used as a natural food colouring in cakes and cupcakes.
• Also used to provide colour in gravies, sauces and soups.