Buckwheat Groats are the hulled kernels of the buckwheat plant. Found in the cooler climate of Europe and parts of China, buckwheat grows best where there are adequate levels of precipitation. Buckwheat is an excellent source of nutrition, containing high levels of protein and minerals such as magnesium and copper. It is thought that buckwheat originated in central Asia, spreading to Europe and other parts of the world through explorers.
• Offers numerous health benefits.
• Has a very mild nutty taste.
• Becomes gelatinous in liquid.
• Gluten free alternative to porridge oats.
• Added to granola, cakes, cookies, crackers, and bakery products for extra flavour, texture and crunch.