Carrot Strips are produced from carrots that have been cut into strips and dried. Carrots are one of the most popular vegetables in the world and are widely grown in regions with cool climates. Carrots are highly nutritious, containing healthy levels of beta carotene, fibre, vitamin K1 and potassium. The first carrots were yellow and purple in colour but a strain with higher levels of beta carotene was developed that resulted in an orange root.
• Contains nearly all vitamins and minerals.
• Has a mild, sweet and slight pepper flavour.
• Thin strips add a crunchy chewy texture.
• Used to add texture and flavour to soups, stews, casseroles, salads, cakes and other bakery products.
• Added to recipes to improve the nutritional profile of a finished product.