Chia Seeds are grains harvested from chia plants. Chia is mainly grown in Latin America where it thrives off the fertile soils and warm climate found in this region. Highly nutritious, chia seeds are high in both fibre and protein whilst also containing other supplements such as omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. Chia seeds are low in carbohydrates, making them a popular ingredient for those producing low carb products.
• High in both protein and fibre.
• Low in carbohydrates.
• Mild nutty flavour and a black/grey appearance.
• Small, flat, oval kernels.
• Very good source of protein for vegan products.
• Used in the production of low carbohydrate products.
• Used as a topping on salads and soups and is also included in yoghurts.
• Added to boost the nutritional profile and health claims of finished baked goods.