Functional Chickpea Flour is produced by acidifying and heat-treating chickpea flour. Chickpea is grown in many places all over the world. Only requiring moderate temperatures, rainfall and soil fertility, this legume is grown widely in India, Australia and the Middle East. Chickpea contains high levels of both protein and fibre and is also considered to be a good source of iron, phosphorus, and folic acid. Thought to be around 7500 years old, chickpea is now grown in 35 countries and has been recognized as the third most important pulse in the world.
• High in both protein and fibre.
• Good thickening and bulking agent.
• Can be used to replace egg in some applications.
• Used as an ingredient for sauces, snacks, pasta, soups and bread making.
• Also used as a meat extender or dough conditioner.