Our Compound Chocolate Drops are small chips of dark chocolate produced from a combination of cocoa and vegetable fats. Chocolate drops are used widely in the baking industry for numerous applications and are available in many sizes and flavours. Cut up chunks of semi-sweet chocolate were first added to chocolate chip cookies in 1937, and have since evolved to become a staple ingredient in many bakery recipes.
• Lower cost alternative.
• Contain 12% cocoa solids.
• Contain less cocoa butter than baking chocolate.
• Commonly used in chocolate chip cookies and muffins.
• Used as decoration on ice-cream, cakes and more.
• Can also be added to pancakes and other similar bakery products.
• Extra Small: 28,600 – 20,000 pieces per kilo.
• Medium: 8,700 – 7,400 pieces per kilo.