Citric Acid is a white crystalline powder produced from lemon or pineapple juice through a fermentation process of carbohydrate solutions. Citric acid functions primarily as an antioxidant and offers health benefits such as energy metabolism, the absorption of minerals, and the prevention or treatment of kidney stones.
• Helps to regulate acidity and functions as an antioxidant.
• Odourless and helps retain colour.
• Has a strong acid taste.
• Can be used to prevent mould or bacteria growth in bakery products.
• Suitable for use as an acidity regulator to increase the acidity of a dough.
• Commonly used as a flavouring and preservative in food and beverages such as soft drinks and bakery products.
• Helps thicken foods or give them a slightly sour flavour.
• 30-80 Mesh.