Coconut Flour is a soft flour produced from dried coconut meat. Coconuts are grown in the tropical climates found in countries such as the Philippines and Indonesia, where they thrive off the high levels of heat and rainfall. Coconuts are very nutritious and are considered to be a good source of protein, fibre, minerals and vitamins. Despite having spread all over the world, coconuts have been traced back to two origins, one in the Pacific basin and the other in the Indian Ocean basin.
• Very absorbent, which means that not much flour is needed in a recipe.
• Good source of lauric acid.
• Natural coconut taste and aroma.
• Used in recipes as a gluten free alternative for all purpose flour.
• Also used to add flavour in cakes, breads, muffins and other bakery products.