Coconut Flour is a soft flour produced from dried coconut meat. Coconuts are grown in the tropical climates found in countries such as the Philippines and Indonesia, where they thrive off the high levels of heat and rainfall. Coconuts are very nutritious and are considered to be a good source of protein, fibre, minerals and vitamins.
• Contains high levels of fibre and fat.
• Very absorbent, which means that not much flour is needed in a recipe.
• Good source of lauric acid.
• Natural coconut taste and aroma.
• Used to add natural flavour in cakes, breads, muffins and other bakery products.
• Popular choice in low carbohydrate products where the fibre and fat content are valued.
• Also added to breakfast bar recipes and products where natural oil is needed.
• Fine Desiccated.
• Medium Desiccated.