Date Paste is a smooth brown paste produced from dates harvested from date palms. Dates are cultivated in arid and semi-arid regions, requiring plenty of sunlight but very little rainfall. Dates are known for being high in fibre but they are also a source of many vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Dates originated in the Middle East and are mainly grown today in Egypt, Iran and the United Arab Emirates.
• Healthy natural alternative to refined sugars.
• Improves texture, colour and flavour.
• Binding, bulking and texturising agent.
• Suitable for no added sugar formulations.
• Great filling for biscuits and pastries.
• Ideal as a base ingredient for energy bars, fruit bars, cakes, cookies, and much more.
• Used as a honey substitute and for other vegan applications.