Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose (HPMC) is a white, odourless, tasteless powder made chemically using cellulose pulp, which has been extracted from the cell walls of plants. It forms a soft, fluid gel that maintains viscosity during heating. It is widely used in the food industry as a multipurpose food ingredient.
• Contains high levels of soluble fibre.
• Very good stabiliser, thickener, gelling agent and emulsifier.
• Great freeze/thaw stability and high moisture retention.
• Used in gluten free baking to improve the elasticity, stability and volume.
• Can also be used as a fat replacer in fat free foods.