Maize Bran is a fibre obtained from maize through a process of grinding, separation and stabilisation. Maize bran is a fibre that will not have any effect on the texture of bakery products. Maize bran also offers a good source of protein and other minerals and vitamins.
• Contains high levels of natural insoluble fibre.
• Enhanced resistance to transport damage.
• Increases resistance to staling for baked goods.
• Improved crust formation, structure and better crispiness.
• Flavour carrier.
• Cost effective.
• Increases the freshness of bread products.
• Used as a bulking agent in low-calorie and gluten-free baked products.
• Increases dough yield of baked goods.
• Suitable for use as an anti-caking agent and blends well with other ingredients.