Pea Fibre is derived from the husk of the pea plant. Peas are native to the Mediterranean region but are successfully grown in many parts different of the world such as China, Europe, North America and the Middle East. Peas have high levels of protein and fibre and also contain several vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Having been cultivated for approximately 7000 years, peas are one of the oldest domesticated crops.
• Contains high levels of insoluble fibre.
• Blends excellently with other ingredients.
• Good filler and bulking agent.
• Suitable for a range of bakery products.
• Can be used in injected meats due to fineness.
• Used to enhance the nutritional profile of a finished product.