Pea Flour is produced by grinding dried peas into a powder. Peas are native to the Mediterranean region but are successfully grown in many parts different of the world such as China, Europe, North America and the Middle East. Peas have high levels of protein and fibre and also contain several vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Having been cultivated for approximately 7000 years, peas are one of the oldest domesticated crops.
• Rich source of nutrition.
• Has fewer calories than regular flour.
• Can be used in the production of low-carbohydrate foods.
• Ideal for sweet and savoury baking.
• Also used to add flavour and thicken sauces.