Textured Pea Protein is extracted from peas and extruded to give it a flake-like structure that becomes fibrous and elastic after rehydration. Widely used in the meat analogue market, textured pea protein is a great replacement for many types of ground beef, chicken, pork, tacos, burgers, burritos, sloppy joes and other vegan and plant based products.
• Granular appearance that produces a chewy texture/mouthfeel.
• Contains a very high level of allergen free protein.
• Closely mimics the texture of minced beef once rehydrated.
• Commonly used as a meat substitute in vegan and plant based products.
• Can also be used to reduce cost when used as an additive in meat products.