Textured Pea Protein is extracted from peas and extruded to give it a flake-like structure. Peas are native to the Mediterranean region but are successfully grown in many parts different of the world such as China, Europe, North America, and the Middle East. Peas have high levels of protein and fibre and also contain several vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Having been cultivated for approximately 7000 years, peas are one of the oldest domesticated crops.
• Contains high levels of protein.
• Great taste and texture, a perfect complement to common ingredients.
• Becomes fibrous and elastic after rehydration.
• Widely used for vegan and plant based meat alternative applications.
• Used in bars, granola, snack mixes and more.