Pea Starch is extracted from dry peas. Peas are native to the Mediterranean region but are successfully grown in many parts different of the world such as China, Europe, North America and the Middle East. Peas have high levels of protein and fibre and also contain several vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Having been cultivated for approximately 7000 years, peas are one of the oldest domesticated crops.
• Rich source of amylose (35%).
• Good thickening and gelling properties.
• Better shear stability than most other starches.
• It is used for its thickening or gelling properties in many food applications such as meats, delicatessen, sauces, pastas, and creams.
• It is also known for its film-forming properties in certain coatings or other textured foods.