Pea Starch is extracted from dry peas. Pea Starch is unique in that it doesn’t get damaged in high temperatures unlike many other starches. This product is also rated as a high viscosity starch.
• Rich source of amylose (35%).
• Good thickening and excellent gelling properties.
• Better shear stability than most other amylose starches.
• It is used for its thickening and gelling properties in many food applications such as meats, delicatessen, sauces, pastas, and creams.
• Known as a high temperature starch, it is ideal for pizzas other products that require high oven temperatures.
• It is also known for its film-forming properties in certain coatings or other textured foods.