Peas are native to the Mediterranean region but are successfully grown in many parts different of the world such as China, Europe, North America and the Middle East. Peas have high levels of protein and fibre and also contain several vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. Having been cultivated for approximately 7000 years, peas are one of the oldest domesticated crops.
• Good source of many vitamins and minerals.
• Contain more vitamin C than fresh or ambient peas.
• Extended shelf life makes them available all year round.
• Cooked and consumed as a nutritious vegetable.
• Used in pastes, mashed potatoes, fillings and salads.