Potassium sorbate is the potassium salt of sorbic acid. It is a white salt that is very soluble in water. It is primarily used as a food preservative. Potassium sorbate is one of the safest and most commonly used preservatives today and will help to prevent yeast, mould and bacteria from developing in food.
• An antifungal and antibacterial preservative that reduces the risk of food-borne illnesses.
• Does not adversely affect taste, colour or flavour of a finished product.
• White in colour, tasteless and odourless.
• Widely used as a preservative to increase the shelf life of foods, drinks, and personal care products.
• Used in products such as cheese, wine, yoghurt, dried meats, soft drinks and other baked goods.