Potato Starch is extracted from the root tubers of potatoes. Potatoes are mostly grown in the northern hemisphere, with Europe, India, China and USA amongst the largest producers. Potatoes contain most of the vitamins and minerals we need in our diet, such as vitamin C, vitamin B6 and potassium. The potato was first cultivated in South America more than 7000 years ago and it has now become an essential crop in many countries all over the world.
• Clear white colour, neutral odour and neutral taste.
• Tolerates higher temperatures than maize starch when used as a thickener.
• Good clarity and high binding strength.
• Used as a thickener and binder for sauces, soups, stews, desserts puddings and fruit jellies.
• Commonly added to gluten free recipes.
• Used in pastries, bakery and cakes and as a basis for puddings and creams.