Psyllium Husk Powder is produced by grinding the husk or outer shell of the psyllium seed into a fine powder. Psyllium is a rich source of dietary fibre and offers health benefits such as relieving constipation. This fibre has no odour but has a slightly earthy flavour.
• Contains both soluble fibre (60%) and insoluble (40%) fibre.
• Swells up to form a gel when exposed to fluids.
• Can hold up to 20 times its own weight in water.
• Gives a smooth texture when used as a powder.
• Activates with moisture at room temperature.
• Very low in carbohydrates.
• Mimics the elasticity of gluten without any adverse side effects.
• Used to give a bread-like texture to baked goods.
• Applicable for use as a thickener for ice-cream and frozen desserts.
• Used in the making of breads, breakfast cereals, pasta and snack foods.
• Used in the production of low carbohydrate products.
Sizes & Purity Available:
• 30 Mesh & 95% Purity
• 60 Mesh & 95% Purity
• 60 Mesh & 98% Purity
• 100 Mesh & 99% Purity