Chipped Pumpkin Seeds are pumpkin seeds that have been dehulled and broken into small pieces. Pumpkins need plenty of sunshine and warm soil to grow successfully and these conditions can be found in regions of Europe, China, India and the USA. Pumpkins are an excellent source of protein and contain significant levels of fibres, vitamins and minerals. Pumpkins are native to North America, first cultivated in Mexico thousands of years ago.
• Very nutritious, containing high levels of protein.
• Source of many health-benefiting vitamins, minerals, anti-oxidants, and all important essential amino acids.
• Fresh nutty flavour and light green to light yellow in colour.
• Small and irregular in size.
• Perfect for adding a crunchy nutritious boost to cereal, mueslis, flapjacks, cookies and granola recipes.
• Used to add colour, texture and flavour to baked goods such as breads, biscuits and desserts.
• Can also be used as a crust for meat or fish.