Quinoa Flakes are produced by rolling grains of quinoa into flat flakes. Quinoa is grown on the slopes of the Andes, in the South American countries of Peru and Bolivia, where the moderate day and cold night temperatures are perfect for this hardy crop. Quinoa contains high levels of protein and is a good source of several minerals such as calcium and iron. Quinoa is native to the Andes region and there is evidence it may have been cultivated as much as 7000 years ago.
• Kown as a high protein, high fibre pseudocereal.
• Good binder due to softer texture.
• Small flat flake.
• Used as bread decoration, muesli, breakfast cereals etc.
• Perfect as a healthy breakfast cereal or to add nutrition to bakery products.
• They can be used in savoury dishes and are ideal as a substitute for barley in stews and soups.