Waxy Rice Flour is produced from milled rice and has been processed to contain a higher proportion of waxy starch molecules. Rice is one of the most important alternative ingredients to wheat and is widely used in gluten free baking. Light and easy to digest, rice is low in fat and contains many valuable nutrients such as protein, vitamins B & E and potassium. Rice is commonly used as a flour or starch to thicken or to improve the texture of gluten free products.
• High hot binding capacity and feeze/thaw resistance.
• No amylose content.
• Shear-stress and acid stability.
• Good source of many nutrients.
• Low in fat and high in carbohydrates.
• Has a cold and hot binding capacity without retrogradation suitable for breads and pastries.
• Perfect for producing products with softer textures.
• Perfect for use in low fat applications and as a substitute for fat.