Sesame Seeds are cultivated from sesame plants and soaked to remove the outer husk. Sesame grows best in the hot tropical conditions found in regions such as south-east Asia and Central Africa. Sesame is known for its high levels of protein and nutrients such as calcium. Recognised as one of the oldest cultivated plants in the world, Sesame has been used for many diverse applications throughout its rich history, integrating itself into the traditions of many farming communities around the globe.
• Excellent source of many important nutrients.
• Small, flat and oval in size.
• Rich nutty flavour.
• A common ingredient in various cuisines.
• Added to breads, bagels and the tops of hamburger buns.
• Can also be used to improve the flavour and texture of recipes.