Spirulina Powder is produced by harvesting, drying and grinding spirulina into a fine powder. Spirulina grows naturally and is farmed in both oceans and lakes, needing only natural sunlight and constant, warm temperatures to grow successfully. Spirulina is mostly composed of protein and but is also a rich source of vitamins and minerals. Spirulina is an alga that has grown naturally on Earth for at least 3.5 billion years and was first used as a source of nutrition by the Aztecs in the 15th century.
• Highly nutritious, containing at least 60% protein.
• Rich source of vitamins and minerals.
• Natural dark green colouring agent.
• Used as a natural colourant in bakery and cosmetic products.
• Commonly added to beverages such as smoothies or baked into solid foods.
• Can also be used as a source of vegan protein or added to recipes for a nutrient boost.