Ginger is the rhizome (the underground stems) of the plant Zingiber officinale. Diced Stem Ginger is made from young rhizomes that must be harvested before they are 7 months old, after which the rhizomes are only suitable for producing dried ginger. The ginger is peeled, chopped and preserved in sugar.
• Ginger infused with sugar.
• Sweet, spicy flavour of ginger.
• High in gingerol, a compound with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
• It is consumed as a delicacy and as a spice.
• It has many culinary uses, in both sweet and savoury dishes.