Sweet Potato Flour is produced from dried sweet potatoes that have been ground into a fine powder. Sweet potatoes are grown in the sunny, warm climate found in regions of the USA, China and other countries. Offering many nutritious benefits, sweet potatoes are high in fibre, vitamin A, iron, and calcium.
• High content of starches and dietary fibre.
• Gives a flexible texture.
• Slightly sweet in flavour and has a light orange colour.
• Good at holding moisture.
• Suitable to be used in no added sugar formulations.
• Well suited for flatbreads such as chapatis, rotis and soft tortilla wraps.
• Used in breads, cookies, muffins, pancakes, cakes, and doughnuts.
• Also used as a thickener in soups and as a coating for fried products.