Tomato Powder is produced by grinding dehydrated tomatoes into a fine powder. Packed with nutrients, Tomato Powder is a rich source of dietary fibre, protein, vitamin C, and many other protective nutrients, whilst it may also reduce the risk of some chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer. This nutritious powder was produced and consumed by the Aztecs as early as 700 AD.
• Boosts nutritional profile of a finished product.
• Natural red colouring agent.
• Has a slightly sweet tomato flavour.
• Used as a natural colourant in food products.
• Sprinkled over pizzas and breads to enhance appearance and flavour.
• Popular spice in many food products such as pasta, sauces, gravies, meats, salads and bakery products.