Our Gluten Free Baking Powder contains sodium bicarbonate (E500), sodium dihydrogen diphosphate (E450) and rice flour. It has the action of yeast, producing carbon dioxide and forming bubbles that cause the mixture to expand. First discovered and developed around 200 years ago, forms of baking powder are widely used in many products throughout the industry.
• Creates gas bubbles that cause mixtures to expand.
• Creates air pockets during baking that make products light and crisp.
• Produces gas bubbles much faster than yeast, greatly reducing rising time.
• Used as a raising agent for gluten free bakery goods.
• Perfect for breads, cakes, waffles and pancakes and other similar mixtures that have to rise.
• Can be added to any liquid to create bubbles due to already containing both baking soda and an acid.
• Also used in self raising flours.