Ground Ginger Powder is produced by drying and grinding ginger roots into a powder. Ginger is mainly grown in India and China, where the precipitation and warm climate provide perfect conditions for cultivation. Ginger contains many beneficial nutrients and is also high in gingerol, a compound with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Cultivated in India and China for many centuries, ginger was brought to Europe and the Americas by traders in the 1st century AD.
• Contains high levels of both fibre and protein.
• High in gingerol, a compound with anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
• Has a hot, intense flavour.
• Gives ginger snaps and gingerbread their familiar warm flavour.
• Used in savoury cooking, often as a component in spice mixes.
• Commonly used as a flavour to complement baking spices like cinnamon or nutmeg.