Potato Starch Pregelled is a thermally treated starch extracted from potatoes. Potatoes are mostly grown in the northern hemisphere, with Europe, India, China and USA amongst the largest producers. Potatoes contain most of the vitamins and minerals we need in our diet, such as vitamin C, vitamin B6 and potassium. The potato was first cultivated in South America more than 7000 years ago and it has now become an essential crop in many countries all over the world.
• Swells immediately in cold water.
• Stabilises the volume of bakery products.
• White to slightly yellow odourless powder.
• Used as a filler and a thickening agent for food products, particularly for those that do not require cooking.
• Has no taste or flavour so can be used in all types of bakery products.
• Gives doughs more viscosity.