Waxy Rice Starch is extracted from rice and processed to obtain higher gelatinization temperatures due to its high amylopectin content. Produces a gel that is pH stable, temperature stable, microwave stable and gives no retrogradation.
• High freeze/thaw-stability, swelling and solubility parameters.
• Smallest particle size of all starches (2-8 microns), making it very absorbent.
• Stable when deep-frozen or heated and gives no retrogradation.
• Neutral taste and creamy mouthfeel.
• Suitable for use in bakeries, dietetic and baby-food products due to its special thickening properties.
• Commonly used in ready meals, soups, sauces, dairy desserts and other bakery products.