Waxy Rice Starch is extracted from rice and processed to obtain lower gelatinization temperatures and amylose content. Rice is a crop that grows best in the hot and wet tropical climate that is found in many Asian and American countries such as India, China, the Philippines and Brazil. Rice contains many valuable nutrients such as protein, vitamin B, manganese and magnesium. Research has shown that rice was consumed by dinosaurs and has been growing in India and China for up to 35 million years!
• High freeze/thaw-stability, swelling and solubility parameters.
• Smallest particle size of all starches (2-8 microns), making it very absorbent.
• Stable when deep-frozen or heated and gives no retrogradation.
• Suitable for use in bakeries, dietetic and baby-food products due to its special thickening properties.
• Commonly used in ready meals, soups, sauces, dairy desserts and other bakery products.
• Can also be used as a fat substitute in bakery products.