Rice Starch is a natural polymeric carbohydrate that is extracted from rice. The granule size of Rice Starch is between 2 and 8 microns in suspension which is similar to the granule size of fat globules making Rice Starch a suitable fat replacer in some applications.
• Higher gel strength that gives a firmer consistency and crispiness after drying.
• Smallest particle size of all starches (2-8 microns), making it very absorbent.
• Has a very clean taste and doesn’t interfere with other flavours.
• Used in extruded snacks and breakfast cereals.
• Applicable for use in bakery products such as batters, breads and gelled dairy desserts.
• Perfect for use in the production of baby foods due to its low microbe content.
• Can also be used to replace fat.