Our Premium Native Tapioca Starch is an excellent thickener, binder, texturizer and stabilizer. Sometimes called tapioca flour, this starch has its origins in the cassava plant and BakeRite also offers a cassava flour that is available for those who want this product in the flour format. Tapioca Starch is one of the most widely used starches in the gluten free market.
• Great thickening and binding agent.
• When used with yeast it speeds up the rising process.
• Adds structure and support for fragile gluten free challenges.
• Helps give cookies and cakes a chewy and crisp texture.
• Added to recipes to lighten structure and aid in browning gluten free baked goods.
• Can also be used as a thickener for soups and sauces.