Heat Treated Fine Rice Flour is produced from broken white rice that has been finely milled, sieved and heat treated to reduce lipase activity. Rice is one of the most important alternative ingredients to wheat and is widely used in gluten free baking. Light and easy to digest, rice is low in fat and contains many valuable nutrients such as protein, vitamins B & E and potassium. Rice is commonly used as a flour or starch to thicken or to improve the texture of gluten free products.
• Has a stable amylose content which produces consistent results.
• Low microbe level due to heat treatment.
• Has a fine consistency similar to wheat flour.
• Produced from polished rice resulting in a white flour.
• Good source of many nutrients.
• Low in fat.
• Used in the manufacture of white bread, snacks, breakfast cereals, bakery products and food coatings.
• Perfect for use in low fat applications.
• Applicable as a thickener for soups and stews.
• Also used as an alternative to wheat flour.