Functional Rice Flour is a rice flour that has been cooked and milled to improve its functionality in baking. Rice is one of the most important alternative ingredients to wheat and is widely used in gluten free baking. Light and easy to digest, rice is low in fat and contains many valuable nutrients such as protein, vitamins B & E and potassium. Rice is commonly used as a flour or starch to thicken or to improve the texture of gluten free products.
• Great moisture retention properties.
• Excellent low viscosity binder and texturising agent.
• Good source of many nutrients.
• Low in fat.
• Gives doughs a firmer texture and helps them keep to their shape ahead of baking.
• Used in the manufacture of snacks, breakfast cereals, bakery products and food coatings.
• Perfect for use in low fat applications.
• Also used as an alternative to wheat flour.