Functional Chickpea Flour is produced by acidifying and heat-treating chickpea flour. Chickpea is grown in many places all over the world. Chickpea contains high levels of protein and fibre and is also considered to be a good source of iron, phosphorus, and folic acid. Grown in at least 35 countries, chickpea has been recognized as the third most important pulse in the world.
• Contains high levels of both protein and fibre.
• Good binding and bulking agent.
• Can be used to replace egg in some applications.
• Used as an ingredient for sauces, snacks, pasta, soups and bread making.
• The rapid absorption of fluid makes it a good dough conditioner at room temperature.