Functional Chickpea Flour is produced by acidifying and heat-treating chickpea flour. Chickpea is grown in many places all over the world. Chickpea is grown in many places all over the world. Chickpea contains high levels of protein and fibre and is also considered to be a good source of iron, phosphorus, and folic acid. Grown in at least 35 countries, chickpea has been recognized as the third most important pulse in the world.
• Contains high levels of both protein and fibre.
• Good binding and bulking agent.
• Can be used to replace egg in some applications.
• Used as an ingredient for sauces, snacks, pasta, soups and bread making.
• The rapid absorption of fluid makes it a good dough conditioner at room temperature.