Chickpea Flour is also known as gram flour or garbanzo bean flour. Chickpea is grown in many places all over the world. Chickpea contains high levels of protein and fibre and is also considered to be a good source of iron, phosphorus, and folic acid. Grown in at least 35 countries, chickpea has been recognized as the third most important pulse in the world.
• Contains high levels of both protein and fibre.
• It is a soft protein that acts in a similar way to egg protein.
• Has a rich pulse flavour and a beige, tan colour.
• Well suited to savoury products.
• Commonly used as a substitute for wheat flour in baking.
• Also used to replace egg in certain applications.
• Can replace up to 25% of the flour in your baking to increase protein and fibre.