Milled Golden Linseed is produced by milling the small Linseeds to form a coarse flour. Linseed (also known as flaxseed) is best grown in the cooler, moist climate found in countries like Canada, China, and Russia. Linseed is a rich source of protein, fibre and many other nutrients such as iron and calcium. In ancient times, linseed was cultivated for its fibre which was used as a textile, but linseed is now also grown for its nutritious seeds.
• Golden in colour.
• Contains high levels of both protein and fibre.
• Contains a gel that gives it a very effective binding functionality.
• Offers high levels of fat and low levels of carbohydrates.
• Used for baking muffins, breads, loaves, pancakes and cookies.
• Also used in many healthy recipes, including gluten free products.
• Can be used in vegan recipes to replace fat and egg.