Whole Grain Maize Flour is produced by milling whole grains of maize to form a flour. Maize flour has become a major player in the Free from and gluten free market. It is a versatile non claggy product and has easy to mix characteristics that make it a favourite. Maize flour can be used on its own as a porridge and as a coarse polenta type grit in Italian recipes. It is a great addition to your gluten free range. Maize contains a fair percentage of both protein and fibre, whilst also offering a good source of minerals and vitamins.
• Improved health benefits due to higher nutritional content.
• Increases bread volume and resistance to industrial processing.
• Blends well with other food ingredients.
• Its non claggy characteristics help give products a lighter texture.
• Used to achieve a whole-grain product.
• Can be used for breading and in combination with other flours in baked goods.
• Also used as an ingredient in pancake mixes, tortillas, cakes, pastries and crackers.