Defatted Soya Flour is produced from soya beans that have been dehulled, milled and processed to form a low fat fine flour. This high protein flour can be used as a substitute or conjunction with wheat in baked products. Commonly used with “binding” starches such as tapioca, maize etc. The quality protein that is associated with soya is used in bread improvers and many baking recipes where functional strengths are required.
• Low in fat and carbohydrates.
• Contains high levels of both protein and fibre.
• Adds smoothness to doughs that eases rolling.
• An all-round baking ingredient that contributes many benefits to mixes.
• Gives a firm bread texture similar to wheat-based bread.
• Can be used in many bakery products to increase protein level and shelf life.
• Commonly in bread, pies, biscuits, doughnuts, cakes, pasta and pancake mixes.
• Widely used for its nutritional benefits and versatility in bakery products.
• Also used for extruded products due to low fat content.