Buckwheat Flakes are produced by crushing and rolling hulled buckwheat into soft and edible flakes. Found in the cooler climate of Europe and parts of China, buckwheat grows best where there are adequate levels of precipitation. Buckwheat is an excellent source of nutrition, containing good levels of protein and minerals such as magnesium and copper.
• Contains great levels of protein.
• Has a mildly nutty and aromatic taste.
• Becomes gelatinous in liquid.
• Brown in colour.
• Ideal wholesome breakfast cereal.
• Sprinkled on bread products to enhance the presentation and visual effect.
• The fine texture of the flakes can add crunchiness to salads, soups and yoghurts.
• Used as a gluten free alternative to porridge oat flakes and as a base for muesli.