Buckwheat Flakes are produced by crushing and rolling hulled buckwheat into small flakes. Found in the cooler climate of Europe and parts of China, buckwheat grows best where there are adequate levels of precipitation. Buckwheat is an excellent source of nutrition, containing good levels of protein and minerals such as magnesium and copper. It is thought that buckwheat originated in central Asia, spreading to Europe and other parts of the world through explorers.
• Offers numerous health benefits.
• Has a mildly nutty and aromatic taste.
• Becomes gelatinous in liquid.
• Brown in colour.
• Ideal wholesome breakfast cereal.
• The fine texture of the flakes can add crunchiness to salads, soups and yoghurts.
• Used as a gluten free alternative to porridge oat flakes and as a base for muesli.