Jumbo Oat Flakes are produced by rolling oat kernels into flakes while still preserving their whole form. Oats are grown in the cool, damp climate of the north, with countries such as Russia, Canada, and Poland accounting for the majority of the world’s production. Oats are a good source of both protein and fibre, and they are also very high in many vitamins and minerals. Today’s oats are thought to be a descent of two wild oats, the combination originating in Asia although it has now spread across the globe.
• Contains good levels of both protein and fibre.
• Excellent source of vitamin B1 and magnesium.
• Flakes are a larger size.
• Mostly served as a popular, hot breakfast meal.
• Used as a primary ingredient and to give texture in many products such as cookies, flapjacks, mueslis, breads, and granola.
• Can be added as a topping on foods such as crumble topping.