Jumbo Oat Flakes are produced by rolling oat kernels into flakes while still preserving their whole form. Oats are a good source of both protein and fibre, and they are also very high in many vitamins and minerals. Today’s oats are thought to be a descent of two wild oats, the combination originating in Asia although it has now spread across the globe.
• Contains high levels of both protein and fibre.
• Has a low glycemic index.
• Creamy, off white colour.
• Flakes are a larger size.
• Mostly served as a popular, hot breakfast meal.
• Used as a primary ingredient and to give texture in many products such as cookies, flapjacks, mueslis, breads, and granola.
• Can be added as a topping on foods such as crumble topping.