Millet Seeds are grains harvested from the millet plant. Millet is mainly cultivated in Europe, Africa, and Asia as the grains need a warm climate to be grown successfully. Millet is a good source of fibre and protein and also contains vital nutrients such as calcium and magnesium. First cultivated in Asia over 4000 years ago, Millet is still used agriculturally and nutritionally all over the world.
• Good source of protein, essential amino acids and fibre.
• Small in size and golden yellow in colour.
• Used in gluten free baking for its nutritious benefits.
• Creamy like mashed potatoes or fluffy like rice, millet can accompany many types of food.
• Can also be used as a bulking ingredient in soups, casseroles, and vegetarian patties.