Brown Linseed are a variety of grains harvested from the Linseed plant. Linseed (also known as flaxseed) is best grown in the cooler, moist climate found in countries like Canada, China and Russia. Linseed is a rich source of protein, fibre and many other nutrients such as iron and calcium. In ancient times, linseed was cultivated for its fibre which was used as a textile, but linseed is now also grown for its nutritious seeds.
• Excellent source of fibre, protein and omega 3 fatty acids.
• Offers high levels of fat and low levels of carbohydrates.
• Well known for its nutty flavour.
• Brown in colour.
• Easily sprinkled on cereals, included in baking or crushed and added to other food.
• Commonly used for decorative effect in bread-making.