Millet Flour is produced by milling millet seeds to form a pale yellow flour. Millet is a good source of protein and fibre and also contains vital nutrients such as calcium and magnesium. Cultivated for thousands of years, millet is used agriculturally and nutritionally all over the world. Millet flour is a great choice for gluten free baking due to its protein structure and soft consistency.
• Good source of protein, fibre and essential amino acids.
• Similar protein structure to wheat.
• Natural subtle taste and creamy colour.
• Used to give products such as tortilla wraps a yellow colour.
• Can be added to breads to reduce gluten content or to produce lower carbohydrate bread.
• Lends a delicate cake-like crumb to your baked goods.
• Used alone or in combination with other flours as a substitute for wheat.