Buckwheat Flour is produced by de-hulling and milling grains of buckwheat. Found in the cooler climate of Europe and parts of China, buckwheat grows best where there are adequate levels of precipitation. Buckwheat is an excellent source of nutrition, containing good levels of protein and minerals such as magnesium and copper. It is thought that buckwheat originated in central Asia, spreading to Europe and other parts of the world through explorers.
• Naturally gluten free.
• Offers numerous health benefits.
• Has a nutty and slightly earthy taste.
• Becomes gelatinous in liquid.
• Ideal substitute for all-purpose flour.
• Commonly used in pancake mixes and other bakery products.
• Works best when combined with other whole-grain flours.
• Can also be used as a binding agent.