Psyllium Husks are portions of whole psyllium seeds. Psyllium is a rich source of dietary fibre and offers health benefits such as relieving constipation. Psyllium husks have a white to off white colour.
• Swells up to form a gel when exposed to fluids.
• Can hold up to 20 times its own weight in water.
• Very low in carbohydrates.
• The whole husks can be added to recipes to improve texture.
• Used in the making of breads, breakfast cereals, pasta and snack foods.
• Can also be used in the production of low carbohydrate products.
• Ideal for use in wholegrain bread.