Whole Psyllium Husk is the whole husk or outer shell of the psyllium seed. Widely grown in northern India, psyllium thrives in the dry, sunny climate found in that region. Psyllium is a rich source of dietary fibre and offers health benefits such as relieving constipation.
• Swells up to form a gel when exposed to fluids.
• Can hold up to 20 times its own weight in water.
• Has no odour or flavour.
• Commonly used as a laxative.
• The whole husks can add texture to a recipe.
• Applicable for use as a thickener for ice-cream and frozen desserts.
• Used in the making of breads, breakfast cereals, pasta and snack foods.